Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spirituality

So my friend came up with a great idea and revealed it to me in IM tonight. She mentioned that there is a Buddhist retreat in Augusta, MO and that it could be an adventure! So we have decided to pack our bags, okay maybe just the car, and head to Augusta in April to take in the Sunday services at the retreat. It will be wonderful! It is this perfectly relaxing location (or at least it appears to be that in the pictures) with meditation and trails with great sights (we hope to be able to take some pictures) and then we decided we will cap off that day by stopping by a great winery in Augusta. It will be wonderful. Pictures and thoughts coming soon (April).

But then we decided it would be nice to debate more about different religions. Not so much to prove one better over the other but to educate ourselves about what is out there. Those who know me know that I am not by any means a religious person, but I do believe myself to be spiritual (just not in the basic sense of the term). I believe in fate, morals/ethics, and something greater. Beyond that, I have to see it, experience it, or have some tangible connection to it in order to believe in it. I always said when I was learning about the various world religions that if there were one religion to which I could connect the most, it would be Buddhism. So, needless to say I am very excited to visit this retreat!

Don't worry, I doubt I will turn religious all of the sudden ;)

No comments: