As I walked into work this morning I was greeted by a teacher who asked if today was my on year anniversary at the school. In fact it has been one year, officially. But how on earth would a teacher with whom I rarely interact remember?
Turns out, at this time last year, my first official CID business was to join the school on a field trip to the business of one of our Board members where the kids were to decorate office doors for the holidays. At the event last year, this same teacher sniffed my coat. Apparently the story goes that there was one coat left on the rack and they were concerned that it was going to be left behind. This teacher thought that perhaps it belonged to one of the dads who joined us that day, so she sniffed it to check for his cologne. They then figured it was mine and crossed their fingers that the "new girl" didn't see them sniffing her coat. I was clueless of course. Kind of weird but also it would have been very funny if I had seen this happen last year.
So today was the day that we returned for the 2nd annual door decorating field trip at the same company. They are so great to the kids. They provided snacks, entertained the kids with their pleas to join them in dancing, decorated quite a few doors, and were each given a gift by Santa. It was so adorable and it changed my mood from the crappy one I was in earlier today.
It's hard to believe it's already been one year. I never would have guessed that I would work at a school one day and now I can't see myself working anywhere else. I love it there and am so thankful that they took the risk in hiring me. Thank you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment