Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Good Morning - slosh slosh

I woke up a bit late this morning so it was a good thing I took my shower last night. As I walked into my bathroom and stepped onto my bath mat, my feet met the mat with a slosh slosh sound. Curious if this was still residual moisture from my shower the night before I knelt down to check it out. I soon realized there was a leak somewhere in my bathroom. Not having my contacts in yet I grabbed my glasses so I could take a closer look and what I discovered was not pleasant.

The sloshing on the mat led to water on my tile which pooled in the corner by my door. Looking up I realized it was coming from my landlord's apartment up above. I had brown water streaks running down my tile wall, my bathroom door, and my bathrobe was covered with brown water stains. The ceiling - soggy and looking as if it were about to collapse on my head.

Gross.

Worst part is when I asked my landlord about it this morning, his reply "I was wondering when you would notice. My toilet backed up last night and flooded".

But he didn't bother to tell me. He doubts he will be able to fix it until the week I am home for Christmas and now I get to go home tonight and sanitize and clean everything thanks to the "crappy" water leak. Thanks!

Good morning to you too Mr. Landlord.

No comments: