Sunday, November 23, 2008

2008 AMA's

I had every intention of completing my work at home tonight and then the AMA's distracted me.

Overall, I think this was a pretty good award show. I think the the host, Jimmy Kimmel did a pretty decent job - his jokes were for the most part, funny and he seemed prepared. Now for the performances. Below is my list of the performances which lingered in my mind tonight for one reason or another.

Christina Aguilara - Granted she looks amazing after giving birth how long ago? But the collection of her songs - I could have gone with just hearing 1.

NKOB - I remember back in the day when I was in love with these boys (though not as much as my friend Rachel). But seeing them perform tonight was just as much a let down as I thought it was going to be. They are so not cute anymore. And there are so many other artists who are more talented who should have taken their place tonight as a performer.

The Pussycat Dolls - When did a show with strippers from Vegas become so popular on another stage? Seriously! Yes they make me wish I was still that flexible and they make me want tall black boots, but do they really need to keep performing on every show?! Send them back to Vegas!

Pink - I thought this was great!! She was so beautiful and the song was one which isn't as popular right now and she performed it very well.

Taylor Swift - did anyone else think this was a slam on the Jonas brother that broke her heart? And that girl needs to gain some weight ( I know - I'm one to talk).

Rihanna - she picked that song? seriously! and what was she wearing? Was anyone else not impressed by this?

Mariah - **Disclaimer: Tomas, I know you adore her so kudos to your girl for winning such a prestigious award tonight. Now that's out of the way. I honestly was going to give her my full attention, give her the chance that Tomas always tells me I should. But I was not impressed one bit. And the point where I turned back to my work - when she caught a glimpse of herself on the big screen and fixed her hair - I was out.

Kanye West - I loved it!! I was so glad he performed a song that showcased his amazing talent with lyrics and vocals. And he even brought back the styling glasses. I was sad that he only performed one song because I so wanted Estelle to come out and for them to perform American Boy.

Jonas Brothers - so what exactly makes all of the girls scream for these boys? Yes they could think they are cute, but talent??

Miley - did she sing or just pose and run around?

Annie Lennox - This was so beautiful. It was one of my favorite of her songs and it was so amazing. She is such a wonderful woman with a pure heart.

Sarah M. (I am too lazy to look up how to spell her name and even though I adore her, I always spell it wrong) - I loved this!! What a shocker that Pink came out and they turned it into a duet. Well done!

Alicia Keys - This was great. I was a little confused when they brought out the opera singer but it turned out to be pretty great.

No comments: