Luckily for me, it isn't bad, but on someone else's account it makes me very fortunate for one more reason that I am moving:
I came home to my parking spot, the one I've been in for one year to find someone else parked there. Luckily, a leasing agent was by the garage entrance so I asked her what could be done since I was moving and had a load of boxes. She asked if I was sure the spot was mine to which I sarcastically responded that it had been for the past 372 days (I was kind of irritated) and then out walks a girl. Turns out it was her car and this agent had given her my spot. But all was fixed and the girl moved her car. So I'm unpacking my car (boxes) and the agent stops and asked if I was sure it was my spot and that they had me in a different spot. I told her that this was the spot I was given the day I moved in... actually reserved a month before I moved in. So she apologized and we went our separate ways. Well, in the elevator is the girl. I thanked her for moving her car, asked if she was new, making small talk you know. She informed me to be very careful and safe because she has lived here about 2 months and was given a new parking spot because one night she was walking through the courtyard (the common area which joins all of the garages and lots, including mine) and was attacked by a man. I thanked her and empathized and wished her the best.
So, while this apartment has been a little up and down for me, at least I have never been physically harmed and I'm a little disappointed that it took someone else's misfortune for me to recognize this benefit of the apartment.
1 comment:
I'm glad you're getting out of there!
Post a Comment