Thursday, June 13, 2013

GBR, SOD

It's been a while. But an unplanned trip home & a long layover allows for time spent jotting down some thoughts. 

Good: during this trip I get to spend much needed time with my family, Father's Day with my dad for the first time in 7 years, play with my nephews & niece & hopefully, spend time outside. 

Bad: the reason for this trip is a tough one. Another blog post coming after I finish my delicious GF Cafe Rio tostada. 

Random: technology. As much as I appreciate it for the connection it maintains with friends and family, I find it evades our lives. Even as I type this, I think of what else I could be doing. I look around & see couples eating & not talking - both playing on phones; I see a father/daughter doing the same. My life focuses on building relationships. Don't forget the ones right in front of you. 

Song of the Day : Fidelity by Regina Spektor. In memory of Heather. 

No comments: