Wednesday, January 6, 2010

GBR, SOD

Good: My trip back home was just what I needed. Laughter, smiles and all-around fun with my parents, sister & Matt, the boys & as a bonus, my family in Vegas. It was awesome! The best Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years/Birthday all rolled into one!

Bad: I came back sick but it was so worth it. The few visits I get to have each year with my family make me so appreciative of the small things in life and so incredibly grateful for their support and love. Life is short. Take time every day to tell those around you how you feel; tell your loved ones how much you appreciate them; help out people in need; and do something that surprises even the most adventurous side of yourself. If we get just this one life then we better make it one hell of a go!

Random: It's interesting how quickly you can change. I've been out here for nearly 3 years and I am now a wimp when it comes to the cold; I wish for snow days from 2 inch storms; and I can't wait for the summer to return.

Song of the Day: All My Days by Alexi Murdoch. If you haven't already seen it then I highly suggest you take a couple of hours to watch Away We Go. It was so good and the music featured one of my favorite artists - Murdoch. Beautiful film.

No comments: