I recently headed back to Utah for my 10 year high school reunion. What an adventure! Plus it was a chance to see my family and catch up with friends.
My nephews. They are my world. Jackson turns 7 this month, Joel is 4 and Max is 1. Man, does time fly! They are as adorable as I remember and Max has grown so much. Walking, mohawk wearing, cutie pie. Joel is talking up a storm. Jackson starts 1st grade. CRAZY! Jackson and Joel spent much of my time there telling me all about, teaching me how to play, and kicking my butt at Mario Kart. Yes, a 4 year old beat me at a video game! It was great to also see Matt and Jaimie... and Sydney.
We had a chance to catch dinner with my Aunt Donna and Justin (cousin) from Vegas while they were in town which was great. I also spent time taking trips down memory lane - checked out the old house, my grandparent's grave, the U of U, the KKG House, and downtown SLC. I felt like a tourist in my hometown for the first time ever. I had an awesome time with Matt and his family at Kennecott family day. We were able to eat lunch in the mine and hike up the stairs to the huge truck cabin where Matt works. So Awesome!
Reunion. First of all, I was excited to see Moo - weird to think we've been friends for 12 years now! Her new BF is adorable and I love her dog, Addie. We headed to the reunion and it was pretty much just like high school. Still just as clicky with all of the popular kids sitting together; Monica and I sat in the corner with people we had never met. I would say hi to people but they didn't recognize me until they spotted my senior picture on my nametag. And of course I flaunted my new full back tattoo which turned some heads ;) During dinner they did awards and I was nominated for and won the Jekyl & Hyde Award for the classmate who has changed the most. I guess that's a good thing?? Moo and I hosted a party after ward and it was great to reconnect with so many old friends. Thanks to all of you for making the trip out to Sandy for some food, drinks, rock band and fun!
The next day it was off to the Park City Arts Festival with Jeff. This has always been a tradition in my life and it's been hard to keep up since I moved to STL. But Jeff agreed to driving my sorry butt up there so I could really take a trip down memory lane. It was a blast. Jeff, you crack me up!!
And of course there was plenty of pool time, down time, sandcastle building time, and movie watching time with Jaimie, Matt and the boyz! On my "last night" in town Murphy joined the family for a hike to Bridal Veil Falls. The boys adored him! And he was so adorable with them. Thanks Murph for hanging with my family!!
And the best part was the visit with my aunt and grandma and getting bumped from my flight which gave me an extra night with my munchkins. Awesome!!
Coming back to STL was really, really hard this time. I love my job and friends out here but this time, I was so tempted to consider moving back. Someday, and probably someday in the next 3 -5 years, I feel I will be heading back. I just can't miss anymore fun with my family and friends....
But in the meantime, it's back to the Lou with hopes that my friends and family from back home will visit often.
I miss you all so very much already and thank you for making this trip so wonderful!!
Pictures coming soon...
2 comments:
oh, i honestly am not sad at all that i missed our reunion. I would love to see a choice handful of people, but the thought of stepping back into highschool- yuck! Your nephews are adorable! I can't wait to see your full back tatoo! I love that you were the shocker of the reunion! GO girl! So sad I didn't see you at all this past SYTYCD season. hopefully we can get together for the fall season! (yipee!)
I would have loved to see the reactions to your hair and tattoo, how fun!
Post a Comment