Sunday, January 25, 2009

Movie Review: Revolutionary Road

A goal of mine is to see as many of the movies nominated for Oscars as possible... before the Oscars. I have a lot to see! For a listing of nominees, please visit: http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=nominees#top.

This weekend I saw Revolutionary Road. I was torn as to whether or not I liked this movie. It reminded me of American Beauty - Tragically beautiful; a classic depiction, sadly true, of the common marriage. This movie left me feeling depressed, hopeless, and sad. Not my goal that evening. On the flip side: the acting was brilliant, the cinematography was creative, the costume and set design was classic and the music fit it perfectly. And it was just a movie. My hope was restored today on my adventures with the new people I met on my "new" 2nd job.

Of the movies nominated in every category, I have 39 left to see (this includes documentaries, foreign and short films). The movies that I will try my hardest to make time to see before the Oscars:

Changeling
Doubt
Frost/Nixon
Frozen River
Happy-Go-Lucky
In Bruges
Rachel Getting Married
The Class
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Reader
The Wrestler
Waltz With Bashir


If you want to join me, let me know!

1 comment:

d.r. gib said...

it does seem that most movies nominated every year are very sad, I guess that is what makes them good.