Here's a brief update:
I am only 4 days away from my annual fundraiser, the big kahuna, for work. This is the event on which I've been focusing since I started my job in December. Other than a few hang-ups with the wiring in our gym (where it's held) and a hold up with the tent permits, so far things are looking great and we are ahead of schedule. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather stays nice and the earthquakes cease for this Saturday.
It's almost summer here which means free events are all around. Whether it's Shakespeare or the Opera in the Park, Jazz at the Botanical Gardens, or just about everything else, there's always something to do! It's great. One of the free things to do here is the Zoo. I went for the first time this past weekend and it was great.
While time is flying by, this means I'm getting closer to my friend Radka moving back to Prague. I am excited for her and excited that I will have a friend to visit when I go to Europe in a couple of years, but even though I haven't seen her that much as of late, I'm still going to miss her. She was my first friend when I moved here :(
Around the same time that she moves, I will be heading home for a visit. I am going because my sister is due with her 3rd son on May 22nd. I can't wait to meet the little guy and to see the rest of my family. I also get to spend some time with my friends so I can't wait!! I've missed everyone so much!!
And with the event approaching, my friend moving, and a trip back home to meet my new nephew, wouldn't you know it, but my car was in the shop the past little while because it died and I had to make the decision about fixing it in hopes that it would last until September when I get the car my grandma has gifted to me or buy a new one. I fixed it :( Also, my phone has been acting funny and the battery hasn't been lasting, so when I called Verizon tonight to find out why my bill was so high the pas month, I upgraded to a new phone. This will be my first new phone in over 3 years. No more big and bulky but hello complicated and techy! The guy at Verizon was awesome and is giving me all sorts of crazy deals. All I'm paying out of it is $18 for a car charger and he's giving me credits for extra minutes (500 for the whole year for if I go over) and credits for ringtones. Awesome!! Since he was back in Utah we event chatted about Utah versus Missouri and actually had a nice little chat.
Enough updates for now as I need to eat dinner and get to bed!
I promise to post pictures soon.
Hope all is well in your world!
No comments:
Post a Comment