Monday, December 5, 2011

Harlem Children's Zone

My final paper was a case study on The Harlem Children's Zone and through all of the materials I read, videos and movies I watched I can truly say that I have been inspired and impressed. If you haven't heard of HCZ, please take a moment to watch this video. It is a moving speech from a soon-to-be graduate from The Promise Academy. I also encourage you to do research about HCZ through their website (http://www.hcz.org/?gclid=CJqZuuKr7KwCFcVgTAodLgPA9g), You Tube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/harlemchildrenszone) and other media sources.

You will be hearing a lot more about HCZ as the government and leaders discuss the idea of replicating this project in other tough neighborhoods around our country. I agree that statistics are needed to determine the long-term outcomes of these children and I also agree that every neighborhood is different but I hope that with support and the proper tools, the kids in these neighborhoods will have the same chance at a proper education as I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9ea7QEHxE&feature=related

No comments: